Dorm residents on Osmeña Boulevard panic as fire erupts

THE residents of a dormitory on Osmeña Boulevard in Barangay Sambag 2, Cebu City woke up from sleep and got panicked when a smoke billowed from the adjacent building occupied by a bank at dawn on Thursday, March 2, 2023.

Fire Officer 2 Fulbert Navarro of the Cebu City Fire Office said they went to the area after receiving the fire alarm at 4:47 a.m.

Navarro said the fire came from the bank’s server which supplies electricity to the ATM machines and computers.

The server was momentarily turned off to prevent further trouble.

According to Navarro, they will meet with the bank personnel and an IT expert to discuss the exact cause of the fire, which incurred P40,000 in damage. (BBT, TPT)